Video games are often seen as one of the biggest wastes of time when it comes to hobbies, but have you ever considered that you can make money playing games? Whether you’re designing your own games or just playing them, there are plenty of opportunities to earn money if you know where to look.
Here are 5 tips on how to make money playing games.
1. Donate or Sell Your Game Items - Have you ever played a game and found an item you liked? Think about how much that item might be worth, and then try selling it on the game's marketplace or donating it to a good cause.
2. Join an Esports Team - There are many video games that are played competitively as a sport, which is called esports. You can join one of these teams by meeting their requirements and competing in tournaments with them.
3. Stream Yourself Playing - Streaming is the process of live broadcasting gameplay online for others to watch. To stream yourself playing video games, set up your streaming service (YouTube has its own) and start playing!
2) Build a YouTube Channel
Building a YouTube channel takes some time and effort, but it's possible to make a profit by playing video games online.
With the right strategies and opportunities, you can be well on your way in no time! You just need to be creative and focused. Here are five ways you can make money playing games:
-Stream your gameplay through Twitch or YouTube. You'll need an account with these services, a decent internet connection, an entertaining personality (or at least some good commentary), and an entertaining game if you want people to tune in.
This is the most traditional form of making money off gaming, but it's not always easy. Once you get past that initial hump though, the sky's the limit!
-Create gameplay videos for YouTube.
3) Build an Influencer Page
You can also make money playing games by building an influencer page. You'll want to set up your own website, where you post videos and other game-related content. This will allow you to get more followers who are interested in what you're doing.
Once you have enough followers, start adding paid advertisements on your site so they will see them and click on them. The more followers you have the higher chance of making money this way. People that subscribe to your channel may be willing to pay for products or services offered through advertising.
One example is BlueStacks TV which allows you to earn from ads that run on the app itself or within videos that stream on YouTube. Another example is a company called Streamlabs which provides tools for streaming live video with a chat room for monetizing it.
It has a mobile version as well as apps for Android, iOS, and Twitch which makes it easy to share gaming with followers anywhere in the world while earning income at the same time!
4) Game Tournaments
Game tournaments are a great way to make money playing games. These competitions usually have a small entry fee and offer cash prizes for the winners. This can be done in person or online, depending on the game tournament you enter.
Many people are hesitant about entering these because they don't think they will win. It is also worth noting that you need to practice before participating so that you know your skillset and limitations as well as how your equipment holds up.
Some online resources like Twitch allow gamers to live stream their gameplay which has created another avenue for making money through gaming: advertisements, sponsorships, donations, selling merchandise and subscriptions.
5) Play Idle Games
Playing Idle games can provide a nice way for you to relax and enjoy yourself. It's also a great way for you to make money! Here are five tips on how you can maximize your idle gaming experience:
1) Install the game on multiple devices if possible so that it will run in the background while you're doing other things. You'll earn more coins this way.
2) If there's an option, choose auto-play mode or idle mode. This will let the game play without your input and with minimal time investment from your end. These modes tend to generate higher returns per minute than manually playing the game.
3) Join any available alliance in order to receive free gifts of resources, energy and gems that you would otherwise need to purchase. Some alliances even give out free cash every day!
4) When choosing which level of difficulty you want to play on, choose one that matches your skill level or requires less clicks per second (CPS). Levels of difficulty go up as they require more CPS; those levels might be better suited for those who have more time and patience than you do.
5) Set realistic goals for yourself like earning $100 over the course of a month instead of $1 million in one day!